We find them in neatly packaged gift boxes, as souvenirs in hotel rooms, and often, in our favourite foods. We also see them as wholesome ingredients in the beauty products that we use. Yes, we're talking about macadamia- the versatile super nut! Carefully extracted from the native land of Australia, these nuts have multiple benefits. Nourishing and moisturising your skin with essential vitamins, macadamia nuts improve elasticity and brighten up the complexion of your skin. Macadamia nut oil softens your hair and reduces frizziness. Loaded with various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, there's hardly anything that these nuts can't be used in. Not only do they serve as a valuable addition to your diet, but the calming fragrance of macadamia nuts also relax and soothe your senses. Read on to unveil the benefits of macadamia nuts and their magical effect on the hair and skin!
Benefits of Macadamia Nuts
1. Why Should You Follow a Natural Skincare Routine?Why are antioxidants so vital to the system? This is because they neutralise free radicals, which are unstable molecules, leading to potential disorders such as diabetes, Alzheimer's, and heart diseases. Macadamia benefits your system by lowering down cholesterol and inflammation levels in the body. It contains flavonoids, plant-based compounds, and tocotrienols, a source of Vitamin E, which help achieve this goal. It also has the potential to fight cells that cause cancer and brain diseases.
2. Macadamia Nuts Aid in Weight LossMacadamia nuts benefit your health too. The outer layer of macadamia nuts is enclosed with protein and fibre, which help reduce hunger pangs and induce a feeling of fullness. Macadamia nuts also contain a form of monounsaturated fat, Omega-7 palmitoleic acid, which prevents you from gaining any unwanted weight.
3. Macadamia Nuts Lower the Risk of Heart ProblemsResearch suggests that the monounsaturated fats present in macadamia nuts help lower the risk of stroke and heart attacks and improve overall heart health. According to PubMed, one must consume around 42-84 grams of macadamia nuts regularly to reduce the factors that trigger inflammation, like leukotriene B4, which is also a risk factor for heart diseases. Research suggests that macadamia benefits your heart health by keeping cardiovascular diseases in check too, by preventing the occurrence of coronary artery disease by reducing cholesterol levels, which help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress that is responsible for this disease and cell damage.
8. Macadamia Nuts are Rich in NutrientsAre you starting a new diet and looking for a healthy yet tasty addition? There's nothing better than macadamia nuts, in that case. They contain the right amount of nutrients to create the perfect balance. They lower your cholesterol levels and boost heart health. They are also low in carbohydrates and sugar, which helps people deal with diabetes. Macadamia nuts are protein-rich, being high in monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, and omega-3 fatty acids, making them the perfect choice for a good mid-day snack. You can either cook your food using macadamia nut oil, use it as a salad dressing, a soup garnish, or a healthy snack to binge on. In fact, a lot of chips, crackers, and other snacks contain macadamia nuts and oil. Despite these amazing health benefits, macadamia nuts are also high in calories, so remember to limit your consumption, and practice portion control while eating these.
Why Should You Use Pure Sense Products?Macadamia is one of the primary fragrances of Pure Sense products. There are a plethora of products that are infused with the goodness of macadamia nut oil, natively sourced from Australia.¬† Also, at Pure Sense, we thrive on nature and everything natural and organic. Each and every product that you get is not only sustainable to the environment but is also eco-friendly and cruelty-free. All these products are free from harmful chemicals like sulphates, parabens, alcohols, and carcinogens, which may serve as potential threats to your hair and skin. So, redeem the wholesome benefits of macadamia nuts with Pure Sense and its diverse range of nature-friendly products.
4. Macadamia Nuts Control Diabetes and Metabolic SyndromesAnother health benefit of macadamia nuts is that it controls metabolic syndromes, a group of risk factors that include symptoms like high blood sugar levels, low HDL cholesterol, heart disease, belly fat, and type-2 diabetes. The monounsaturated fats present in macadamia nuts help keep these symptoms under control. These nuts also help in controlling the bodyweight of people with type-2 diabetes. Pair these super nuts with exercising and maintaining a healthy diet and you can easily combat metabolic syndromes in the long run.
5. Macadamia Nuts Reduce the Risk of CancerMacadamia nuts are infused with tocotrienols, a type of vitamin E, and flavonoids, which help fight cancer and destroy free radicals in the body that can prove to be damaging to the system.
6. Macadamia Nuts Act as a Brain ProtectorProviding better protection to the brain is another benefit of macadamia nuts. The tocotrienols in macadamia nuts protect the brain from conditions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. A study on rats, published by the journal ‚ÄúAnti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry‚Äù, suggests that macadamia nuts contain a monounsaturated fat known as oleic acid, which can protect the brain from oxidative stress.
7. Macadamia Nuts for the SkinThe benefits of macadamia nuts for the skin are many. Along with providing nourishment to the skin, macadamia nuts have a lot of anti-ageing properties. Macadamia nuts are enriched with manganese, which helps boost the collagen content in the skin and minimises signs of ageing. If you want your skin to look youthful and radiant, even after a hectic day, here's a small two-step night-time skincare routine that you can follow, post your regular skincare routine. First, cleanse your face well using a gentle cleanser like the Pure Sense Relaxing Macadamia Deep Nourishing Face Cleansing Oil. This cleansing oil will add some moisture and nourishment to your dull, dry skin. Then, apply a small amount of the Pure Sense Macadamia Renewing Night Cream and gently massage it into your skin. You can follow this up with the Pure Sense Macadamia Reviving Face Serum. Anti-ageing is a useful benefit of macadamia nuts. It remarkably enhances the collagen content in the face, adding fervour to dull, aged skin. Apart from soothing and calming your senses, they also increase the elasticity of your skin.
For the Face
- Step 1: Cleansing: Your first step would be to remove your makeup and cleanse your skin using the Pure Sense Relaxing Macadamia Deep Nourishing Face Cleansing Oil. It has a non-drying formula that gently cleanses and hydrates the skin. It returns the moisture content to the face and improves the complexion.¬†
- Step 2- Moisturising: You can up your cleansing game with the Pure Sense Macadamia Reviving Face Serum for that added moisture and youthful radiance. If you are following this skincare routine at night, you can replace this with the Pure Sense Macadamia Renewing Night Cream for similar moisturising and anti-ageing benefits.
- Step 3- Lip Care: Lastly, don't forget to add some moisture to your lips as well. Just like the rest of your face, your lips also need care and nourishment. So, don't ignore or overlook lip care, even if you're indoors. The Pure Sense Macadamia Deep Nourishing Lip Balm is enriched with varied oils like the native macadamia nut oil, almond oil, and castor oil, which moisturise chapped lips, keep the skin healthy and prevent discolouration. It also contains beeswax, which further lubricates the lips and adds an extra layer of shine.