Sweating is very normal. Every human body emits bodily fluid called sweat to get rid of toxins in our body and cool ourselves. Especially during summers, sweat in our body becomes a major irritant for all of us.
Too much sweating can cause many problems, including allergic reactions, infections, rashes, etc. Our face is one of the most sensitive parts of our body and is much more prone to such things while sweating. And if you are prone to facial sweating, it can cause a lot of discomforts. However, sweat on the face can be controlled in many ways.
What is the cause of facial sweating?
Have you ever wondered “why do I sweat so much on my face?” then we are here with the answer. Hyperhidrosis can be a cause. It is a condition where people sweat profoundly, almost to an abnormal amount, including sweating in the face. Primary hyperhidrosis mainly affects the head and face of one’s body.
The cause of facial sweating includes being in extreme temperature resulting in our body reacting and therefore sweating to avoid overheating; it can also be due to excessive physical activity or following certain emotions as a response such as an embracement, anxiety, fear etc.
Th cause of primary hyperhidrosis is unknown except for the genetic factor; however, there are specific causes of secondary hyperhidrosis like infections, obesity, diabetes, thyroid, tumours, drug use, frostbite, head trauma and so on. Over sweating cannot be cured - having said that, there are a few ways in which you can try to discover the answer to your question of how to stop sweating on the face?
What are the ways to reduce sweat on the face?
If you have always wondered how to stop sweating on the face? Then there's no need to rush anywhere else. These are specific treatments that are advised to people who suffer from hyperhidrosis and want to know how to reduce sweat on the face.
- Antiperspirants that contain aluminium chloride are advised for people with excessive facial sweating. These can be over the counter or prescription antiperspirants. Some of them can be irritating to your skin; however, with proper doctor help, you will be able to manage them well. This is one of the most famous ways of face sweat control.
Another long-term treatment many prefer is Botox injection which helps in decreasing any kind of activity in the nerves affecting the sweat glands. It may seem like a lengthy process but is one of the best ways you can find out the answer to how to stop sweating on your face.
- Oral medication like anticholinergics, beta-blockers, and benzodiazepines can be beneficial. They help decrease sweat in the entire body, including the face and block the physical signs of anxiety. However, it has specific side effects that can be curbed with medication.
- Anxiety and other mental triggers are a big reason for facial sweating. So, to control that, antidepressant medication can be taken, which would be one of the ways how to reduce sweat on the face, especially during sweating episodes. However, it should be taken with extreme caution and under supervision.
There are many extreme permanent ways to reduce face sweating, including excessive sweating of the body. However, these can be dangerous and have permanent consequences. For instance, people who experience sweating on an extreme level usually opt for undergoing surgical processes to remove the sweat glands.
Another way of finding out how to control sweat on the face is to trigger nerves affecting the sweat glands called sympathectomy. Iontophoresis is yet another procedure for excessive face and body sweating; however, they are more effective for hands and feet.
Home Remedies to Control facial sweating
While some can afford medication and surgery to get rid of the excessive sweating, for others, it can be expensive or a hassle; therefore, many look for home remedies on how to stop sweating on the face.
As the name suggests, these home remedies can be performed at their convenience and have similar or sometimes even better results than that of the medical one. However, it is essential to identify the reason or cause of the excessive sweating, and if it at any point of time gets too complicated, one should seek professional help. So, if you have ever wondered why I sweat so much on my face and are looking for home remedies, here are some of them.
These can be done on a regular basis for good results.
- Avoid exercising excessively or immediately after a social gathering or work to avoid the continued flow of sweat on your face. Help your body cool down.
- If you want to know how to control sweat on the face, then putting all your attention on regulating digestion can be of great help. This is simply because indigestion can cause heat and, as a result, sweating. It can be done with the help of balancing the lifestyle and regular meals as well.
- Taking frequent baths or simply washing your face at regular intervals can help you avoid excessive moisture or bacteria and reduce face sweating.
For better results, you can use revitalizing face cleansing gel from Pure sense that is free from chemicals and deeply eliminates all the impurities from the face.
- One of the ways you can avoid face sweating at your home is to wear breathable clothes and avoid warm clothing as well as avoiding hot temperatures.
- When at home, always carry a soft towel with you to clean and dry your face whenever sweating; this will help you break the chain of sweating on your face and in turn, you can control face sweating.
On the other hand, try to be as comfortable as possible when staying indoors. You can even use exfoliating body cleansing gel from Pure sense so that you feel fresh throughout the day.
Those who have been looking for answers to how to control sweat on the face can opt to stay well hydrated. is one of the most significant ways. By being hydrated, you keep your body cold, and in turn, it doesn’t overheat and sweat. For better hydration externally, you can use a revitalizing face cleanser and scrub from Pure sense that will remove all the dirt from the skin and aid the clogged pores.
- If you want to know how to stop sweating on the face in summer, then shift your focus on the Food habits that you can follow. Avoiding any form of spicy, oily food and eradicating caffeine from your diet can help you reduce face sweats to a large extent.
Excessive face sweating is nothing to be embarrassed about. It is a medically identified condition, and it is indeed common. So, one suffering from such and worrying about how to reduce sweat on the face should try the above-mentioned home remedies. If it doesn’t decrease or is controlled, they should opt for professional treatment.
By following the above-mentioned home remedies and treatments, you will easily discover how to control face sweating. It will also give the answer to “why do I sweat so much on my face?”.
FAQ on how to control sweat on the face
What is the best way to reduce facial sweat?One of the best ways to reduce facial sweat is to frequently wash your face and dry it to avoid moisture. Apart from this, you can also rely on antiperspirants that are prescribed medically to stop excessive face sweating problems. One can also rely on antiperspirants that can be obtained by controlling face sweating.
What not to do when you have a lot of sweat?Being in a hot environment can be very bad for people who sweat a lot. Therefore, they should not be in a hot climate; instead, they should keep their environment cool and comfortable. Another thing to not do when you have a lot of sweat is to not consume caffeine, spicy food, or alcohol, which heats the body and induces sweating.
How to stop sweating on the face in summer?Applying your antiperspirant twice daily, and cutting coffee and other sweat-inducing foods are a few ways to stop sweating on your face in the summer. Wearing light-coloured breathable clothes will help you stop sweating on the face in summer. Being in an air-conditioned environment should also help in preventing face sweat during the summers.