We all know the importance of following a proper skincare routine to take care of our faces and avoid problems such as premature ageing, dryness, dark spots, hyperpigmentation and so on. However, we might forget to take care of our lips along the process as they require special attention as lips have even thinner skin than our face. It is vital to follow a proper lip care routine and the best lip care tips to have plump and healthy lips.
Today we will talk about the best lip care routine that you can follow, and answer the question, of how to take care of your lips once and for all.
5 Tips On How To Take Care Of Your Lips
As briefly mentioned above, the skin on our lips is more sensitive than the skin on our face and can show signs of damage before the face. The lips can become dry, dark, irritated and unhealthy. It is crucial to follow the best lip care routine that suits your requirements and is safe for you to follow. Here is the best lip care routine that you can follow.
Like any other skincare routine, the first step in a lip care routine as well as to cleanse and exfoliate. Like our face, lips can also accumulate dead skin cells and make our lips dry and unhealthy. Using a natural exfoliator such as Pure Sense Peach Pie Lip Scrub can help you gently exfoliate your lips with the natural goodness of peach oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, vitamins C and E and more.
The next step in the best lip care routine is to moisturise our lips. Just like our faces, our lips also need to be moisturised adequately. To moisturise your lips, you can either use a lip balm such as Grapefruit UV Protection Lip balm which is enriched with the natural goodness of Grapefruit and provides protection against sun damage.
DIY Lip Masks
You can also use DIY lip masks with the help of simple ingredients such as oats, coffee powder, sugar, honey, milk, banana, etc., according to your desired results and have healthy and plump lips.
You can also use a lip mask, which is more nourishing and moisturising with a longer effect. Pure Sense offers a Coffee Cake Lip Plumping Mask, which will nourish and moisturise your lips making them softer and plumper using all-natural ingredients.
This is a simple two-step lip care routine that you can follow to take care of your lips. Apart from that, here are some lip care tips that you can follow as well.
- Hydrate - One of the most important lip care tips is to keep yourself hydrated. Your lips become easily dry if your body is dehydrated, so it’s vital to drink plenty of water (10 glasses of water) every day and keep your lips and body hydrated.
- Sunscreen - While most lip balms and masks have inbuilt SPF protection, you can also use an external lip sunscreen for additional protection against UV damage.
- Use Primer - Lip balms or lip masks act as excellent primers for your lips and will protect them from the chemical composition of lip gloss or lipsticks.
- Massage - While applying a lip balm,lip mask or lip scrub, massage your lips to stimulate blood flow, which in turn will help in restoring the natural glow of your lips.
- Don’t Lick or Pluck - Licking our lips can cause more dryness as the saliva when evaporated makes our lips feel dry which can lead to bruises and irritation when plucked
Apart from these tips, it is important to clean any lipstick or beauty product from your lips before going to sleep to avoid any prolonged exposure. Moreover, smoking and drinking extensive coffee can cause discolouration of the lips. Taking care of our lips is vital as they not only look bad and can make you lose confidence, but they can also be uncomfortable if left unchecked.