While following a skincare routine, we need to take care of our lips as well. Lips are one of the most sensitive areas on our face that require special care as they have thinner skin and are easily affected by environmental stressors. Moreover, like any skincare product, you need to carefully choose a skincare product for the lips as they are sensitive. To avoid any complications, either you can use a DIY homemade pack or only 100% natural skin care products.
Coffee is an excellent solution for dry and chapped lips, so today we will talk about the benefits of coffee lip balm, and how to make coffee lip balm at home. So let’s get right into it, shall we?
What Is Coffee Lip Balm?
Before we discuss the benefits of coffee lip balm and how to make coffee lip balm, let’s first answer the question - what is coffee lip balm?
Coffee is a natural exfoliator and rich in caffeine that can help reduce pigmentation and even the tone of the lips. Moreover, grounded coffee helps to exfoliate the dead skin cells, open up the skin pores and make our lips look more plump and fresh. Also, coffee is enriched with antioxidants that help in reducing free radical damage and hyperpigmentation to restore the natural glow of your lips.
A Coffee Lip Balm is enriched with coffee with other natural ingredients to heal chapped lips and ensure naturally smooth and plump lips. Let’s take a look at how to make coffee lip balm.
Ingredients To Make Coffee Lip Balm And Their Benefits
The benefits of coffee lip balm for chapped lips come from the ingredients present in the balm. As the name suggests, coffee is the key ingredient but it is not the only ingredient. This recipe of how to make coffee lip balm at home includes carefully chosen ingredients for their benefits in healing chapped lips.
- Coffee-Infused Oil
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons of Natural Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 to 4 Drops of Castor Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Cinnamon Powder
- Coffee-Infused Oil: Coffee-infused oil is made by infusing grounded coffee powder with oil in an air-tight container. This oil acts as the key ingredient and will provide the benefits of coffee to the balm.
- Cinnamon Powder: Cinnamon powder is a calming agent that improves blood circulation and has antiseptic properties.
- Natural Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is an excellent moisturising agent and will help soften your skin.
- Sugar: Sugar is a natural exfoliator and antioxidant that will help prevent UV damage to the lips.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil acts as the essential oil to give a soothing effect on the lips and heal dryness.
These are the ingredients required to make coffee lip balm. As our lips are so delicate, it is vital to take care of them every day by using a moisturiser. However, a normal face moisturiser cannot properly take care of the lips as they have thinner skin and are more sensitive. Using a lip balm with proper SPF protection, nourishing and moisturising agent is vital for healthy and plump lips.
Using the combination of these ingredients can surely help you to take care of your lips and provide them with daily nourishment. Let’s take a look at how to make coffee lip balm at home.
How To Make Coffee Lip Balm At Home
Now that we know the various benefits of coffee lip balm, let’s take a look at how to make coffee lip balm at home.
You can follow these simple steps to make your coffee lip balm.
- Take a glass bowl and pour a few drops of coffee-infused oil and coconut oil and mix it well.
- Add a few drops of castor oil for fragrance and a soothing effect.
- Add three tablespoons of sugar into the bowl and mix it well.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on the top and again mix it well.
- Strain the oil after leaving it to rest in an air-tight container for a few hours.
- Store the jar away from the sunlight at normal room temperature.
To use the lip balm, you can follow these steps:
- Take a tiny amount of the balm in your palm and gently massage it over your lips to remove the dead skin cells.
- Leave the balm on your lips and leave it there as you go through your day.
Additional points to remember:
- Using it at night will be most beneficial.
- Gently massage the lips and do not put too much pressure.
- Use daily for best results.
You can also try Pure Sense Coffee Lip Balm, which is enriched with the goodness of coffee oil, shea butter, vitamins A & E, olive oil and sweet almond oil. This coffee cake lip balm is designed to naturally moisturise, hydrate and nourish your lips using only natural ingredients.
Coffee is an excellent source of antioxidants and a natural exfoliator that will help you protect your lips during this winter. If you are someone with dry and chapped lips, you can consider making your lip balm or choose Pure Sense Coffee Cake Lip Balm to naturally nourish and moisturise your skin and keep your lips fresh and plump.
FAQs About Coffee Lip Lip Balm For Chapped Lips
1. Why is coffee good for lips?
Coffee is a natural exfoliator and rich in caffeine that helps to reduce hyperpigmentation and restore the natural tone of the lips. Moreover, coffee is also an antioxidant that helps to reverse UV damage and free radical activity that can cause tanning and hyperpigmentation.
2. How to make coffee lip balm at home?
To make coffee lip balm at home, you need certain ingredients such as coffee-infused oil, castor oil, coconut oil, sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix these ingredients well, strain them and store them in a cool place. Or, you can also use Pure Sense Coffee Cake Lip Balm to enjoy the benefits of coffee and other natural ingredients.
3. Can you use coffee lip balm every day?
Yes, you can use coffee lip balm every day as it will nourish and moisturise your lips. However, you should not use a coffee exfoliator on your lips every day as it can cause skin irritation. Use the exfoliator only once a week to get rid of the dry skin cells.