Confidence comes from being comfortable in your own body. However, some common skin problems can give you second thoughts about wearing that perfect summer dress. Having dark underarms is one of such common problems that people face. The good news is that dark underarms are easily treatable, using several home remedies to remove dark underarms..
Today, we will be answering several questions such as “ How to remove dark underarms permanently” using different dark underarms treatments.
What Are Dark Underarms?
Our underarm skin is unique as it contains a large number of oil glands and hair follicles. However, it is important to clean your underarms, and some women choose to shave their underarms. Sometimes this can result in dark underarms. The common symptoms of dark underarms include,
- Development of dark skin in the underarms.
Now let’s answer the question - “What causes dark underarms?”
What Are The Causes Of Dark Underarms?
If you are wondering what causes dark underarms, the short answer is there can be several reasons for it. It is important to understand these causes before we understand how to get rid of dark underarms quick. Listed below are some of the causes of dark underarms.
- Underarm darkening is caused due to increased production of melanin due to mild irritation.
- The increased production of melanin can also be caused by hair plucking.
- Shaving or using hair removal creams can cause skin irritation.
- Using antiperspirants and deodorants are also known to cause skin irritation and darkening in the underarms.
- Underarm skin darkening can also happen due to a skin condition called acanthosis nigricans, which causes dark patches.
- Friction is one of the common causes of hyperpigmentation which can also happen in your underarms. Wearing tight, the unbreathable fabric can cause your underarm skin to become darker.
- Some medications, such as contraceptive pills or high doses of vitamin C3, can also cause hyperpigmentation around the folds of the skin.
- Some people can even develop darker underarms due to genes. For instance, people with darker skin have a higher chance of having darker underarms due to the excess presence of melanin.
- Improper skincare routine can also cause dead skin cells to accumulate in your underarms. These dead cells can cause bacteria growth which might result in darker underarm skin.
Now let’s talk about how to remove black underarms using some home remedies to remove dark underarms treatment methods..
Home Remedies For Dark Underarms
If you are wondering how to remove black underarms, it is simple with the help of some home remedies to remove dark underarms methods that you can perform at home.
Also known as red gold, saffron is a highly potent herb capable of lightening skin colour. You can use the herb in milk or cream and apply it directly to the affected areas as an effective dark underarms treatment method.
Grape seeds are also an effective home remedy to remove dark underarms as they are rich in vitamins C and E, which help in lightening the skin tone and inhibit the production of melanin.
Coffee helps in dark underarms removal by suppressing hyperpigmentation, a common cause of dark underarms. Green tea is also helpful in producing the same results.
Aloe vera gel is a solution to several skin care problems and is also helpful in dark underarms removal. You can gently massage aloe vera gel to the underarm area to lighten the skin.
Some plants like heartwood, citrus fruit peel, corn barn, white mulberry, pomegranate and beefsteak are helpful in treating skin darkening.
Liquorice extract is also known to inhibit the enzyme responsible for the production of melanin that causes pigmentation.
These solutions are some of the answers to how to remove the blackness of underarms at home. Apart from that, you should also be careful about using body perfumes as the alcohol present in them can cause skin irritation and darkening of underarm skin.
Instead, you can opt for natural alternatives such as Desire Madagascar Vanilla Body Spray from Pure Sense. Pure Sense is a completely natural personal care, skincare, hair care, lip care and body care products manufacturer that uses natural extracts from fruits and plants to create nourishing products.
For instance, the Desire Madagascar Vanilla Body Spray has a subtle, delicate and warm fragrance of Madagascar Vanilla and is an aluminium-free, no gas deodorant body spray perfect for your underarms.
We hope this answers your question about how to remove the blackness of underarms. All of these tips and methods can help in preventing darker underarms for you naturally. However, you should consult a doctor if the problem persists for a longer time.
FAQs On Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms Naturally
How to remove dark underarms?There are several ways to remove dark underarms, such as using natural products like saffron, grape seeds, coffee powder, aloe vera gel, liquorice extracts, etc. All of these ingredients are effective in treating dark underarms and preventing further problems.
What are the causes of dark underarms?Dark underarms can present themselves due to a variety of reasons. However, the most common reasons for dark underarms are pigmentation, friction, improper shaving habits, using chemical-based underarm products, sweat, medical conditions, medication, genetic predisposition and improper skin care.
How to treat dark underarms?To treat dark underarms, you should use natural home remedies using natural ingredients such as coffee, saffron, grape seeds, etc. Moreover, you should avoid using chemical-based skin products, antiperspirants and alcohol-based deodorants. Wearing breathable and loose clothes and shaving properly can also help you in treating dark underarms.