All the skincare, hair care and body care products are different from one another. You might come across a few that have similar properties and perform similar tasks, but don’t get duped into thinking that they’re all the same. Especially when it comes to body care, all the products are quite different from each other. Three of such body care products are body lotion, body butter and body yoghurt. If you're confused about the three, trust us you’re not alone. Give us an opportunity to explain the difference and decode the functions of a body lotion vs body butter vs body yoghurt.
What is Body Lotion?
What is Body Butter?
What is Body Yoghurt?
Difference Between Body Butter and Body Lotion
Difference Between Body Butter and Body Yoghurt
Pure Sense Body Butter to Try
Frequently Asked Questions On Body Butter (FAQs)
What is Body Lotion?
A body lotion consists of both humectants and emollients as moisturising ingredients. It is packed with vitamin E and essential fatty acids that keep your skin hydrated and protect your natural skin barrier. A body lotion is typically applied to your arms, neck and legs and it generally gets absorbed quite easily into your skin.
What is Body Butter?
Body butter is a skin moisturiser that contains natural butters and oils like shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil or vegetable oil. It is thicker in consistency than a body lotion and is extra effective at rejuvenating dry patches on your skin. Use body butter on your elbows and knees apart from other body parts as those are the areas that dry out the most.
What is Body Yoghurt?
Body yoghurt is a moisturiser that quickly and efficiently gets absorbed into the skin. It contains emulsifiers that form a shield on your skin and keep it moisturised for long hours. As compared to lotions and creams, body yoghurt has a long-lasting effect. For best results, apply it to damp skin.
Difference Between Body Butter and Body Lotion:
- The main body butter and body lotion difference is that the former is heavier on the skin than the latter. Additionally, body butter is heavier and balmier than body lotion.
- Body lotion has a non-greasy feel to it that gets absorbed into the skin quite nicely. Body butter, on the other hand, has a greasy feel for a few minutes.
- Body lotion is an emulsion blend of water and oils. Body butter is only made with butters like shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter and sometimes, essential oils with less water content.
- Body butters work great for people with excessively dry skin. Body lotions can be used by people with normal or oily skin, that’s another major difference between body lotion vs body butter.
- Body butters can seamlessly moisturise dry patches on your body like the elbows, knees and feet. The body lotion is an overall skin moisturiser that moisturises your arms, neck and legs.
- Between body lotion vs body butter, you can use a body lotion during day and night while with body butter, it'll be best to use it right after showering once you pat your skin dry.
Difference Between Body Butter and Body Yoghurt:
- Body yoghurt is fast-absorbing, hence you don't have to wait for too long for it to penetrate into your skin. Body butter is quick-absorbing too but it takes slightly longer than body yoghurt.
- The difference between body yoghurt and body butter is that the former is a lightweight product that is quite light on your skin while the latter is a heavy cream that provides your skin with intense moisture.
- Talking about body butter and body yoghurt difference, body yoghurt can be applied to damp skin right after a shower, but body butter needs to be applied once you pat your skin dry post a shower.
- Another important body yoghurt vs body butter difference to note is that body yoghurts are formulated with a very high percentage of water and water-based ingredients like hydrosols and floral waters. Body butter is a thick cream made of cocoa butter, shea butter or mango butter with minimum water content.
- One more vital difference between body yoghurt and body butter to remember is that body yoghurt is suitable for all skin types whereas body butter should be avoided by people with an oily skin type as they're extremely heavy on your skin.
Now that you know all the important things when it comes to body butter vs body yoghurt vs body lotion, let us introduce you to Pure Sense. It is a premium skincare, hair care and body care brand that offers you an array of products that are made with natural ingredients and completely free of sulphates, parabens and carcinogens. Our products are suitable for all skin types, cruelty-free and come in earth-friendly packaging. Why're we talking about Pure Sense to you? Because we have a body butter that you need to get your hands on sooner than later now that you've read all the good things about this particular body care product.
Pure Sense Body Butter to Try:
Macadamia Deep Nourishing Body Butter:
This body butter is a rich, decadent and nutty treat for your skin that promises you deeply moisturised and velvety-soft skin. It is a unique blend of luxurious oils and butters that protects your skin from dryness and damage. It is infused with ethically-sourced macadamia nut oil that is loaded with vitamins and rare antioxidants that replenish your skin. This body care product is quite a catch if you're someone who loves your skin and wants to keep it moisturised for long hours. Apply this body butter right after showering when your skin is still damp, before you step out of the house, to keep your skin velvety-soft all through the day.
There is always going to be a range of body care products available in the beauty market that you can choose from. While there will be some distinctive features between a few products, especially when it comes to body lotion vs body butter vs body yoghurt, each of those products are formulated differently and will suit different skin types. So when it comes to choosing what is best for you, always pay attention to your skin type and only then invest in a product that suits your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions On Body Butter (FAQs):
Body butter or body lotion, which is better?The body lotion is non-sticky and more hydrating. Body butter has a heavier and balmier feeling than the lotion. It really depends on what skin type you have as body lotion can be used on all skin types whereas body butter is great for dry patches on extremely dry skin. So, when it comes to body lotion vs body butter, pick either of the products based on what suits your skin.
Is body yoghurt better than body butter?Both of these body care products are the ones that help you to moisturise and hydrate the skin on your body. The main difference between the two is that body yoghurt can be applied on damp skin while body butter is usually applied after patting your skin dry after showering.
Are body lotion and moisturiser the same?The body lotion has a higher water content as compared to a moisturiser and so, the former does its work on top of the skin to cause some sort of effect, like preventing sunburn. Moisturiser, on the other hand, is a cream that is designed to mainly bring moisture or vitamins or minerals into the skin and not just sit on top of your skin.