Dealing with rough, damaged hair? You must be looking for dry, damaged hair treatment. Aren't you? Well, there is nothing to freak out and you are at the right place. Your hair may get damaged due to multiple reasons including the usage of chemical-based products or other styling appliances. Therefore, choosing to use chemical-based products will always result in long term damage, while nature always has much more to give.
All of these terms denote hair damage and demand that you pay attention to your hair. This doesn't mean you should opt for chemical products as they cause long term damage. Remember, nature always has much more to give. So if you're looking for dry, damaged hair treatment, here is everything you need to know, along with the best remedies.
What is Hair Damage?
Damage to the hair's outer layer or cuticle is commonly referred to as hair damage. The cuticle opens, making the hair shaft more prone to injury. Usually, hair damage looks and feels dry, frizzy, brittle, tangled, rough, unmanageable and lacklustre. Depending on the type of hair, hair damages are not the same for every individual. The different kinds of hair damage are dull and dry hair, tangles, brittleness, breakage and even frizziness.
What are the causes of Hair Damage?
It's sometimes all too obvious how you ended up with damaged hair. Bleach, dye, and style tools can actually damage your hair regardless of the fact how careful you are. But that's not it. Before you find out how to fix damaged hair, let's understand the factors which lead to hair damage.
- Heat Styling- Straightening, curling or blow-drying your hair with heat can open up the cuticle and make the hair porous. Also, hair damage is often caused by high temperatures.
- Bleaching- Bleaching is a method of lightening the colour of your hair by a shade or two. Bleaching can cause hair to become dry, brittle, and coarse, making hair lose its flexibility.
- Chemical Dye- It costs money for a fashion statement and to dye your hair. But do you know the actual price is hair loss? Yes, the pigments in hair colours can rob moisture from your hair, leaving it dry and harsh to the touch. And some typical hair dry problems are split ends and breakage.
Best ways to treat hair damage at home
If your hair looks damaged already, then opting for dry damaged hair treatment would never be an ideal choice. These temporary glamours would end up causing more damage and for a more extended period. Now you must be thinking, about which hair treatments for damaged hair you must choose. Isn't it? Well, then know that your answer to how to make your hair healthy again is a gentle hair care regime that is both easy to follow and less time-consuming. In order to know about these regimes, keep reading the next part.
If you're wondering how to make your hair healthy again, then it's time to switch to a gentle hair care regime with these easy to follow and less time-consuming remedies at home:
- Olive oil
- Take a ripe banana and blend it well.
- Then, take some drops of olive oil and mix them well together.
- Then gently apply this mixture to your hair and scalp.
Leave it for a few minutes and then wash it off using shampoo. Make sure to use a gentle shampoo like the Rejuvenating Grapefruit Revitalising Hair Cleanser from Pure Sense. It comes packed with Vitamin C and is free from chemicals like sulphate and paraben. So pamper your locks and enjoy a refreshed scalp. Simply put, this is one of the best hair products for damaged hair.
- Egg white
- Take a bowl along with egg white.
- Cut half a lemon and mix both the ingredients together until a smooth mixture.
- Now, apply it all over your hair gently.
- Cover your hair using a shower cap and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After this, gently wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
In case, you do not have much time to follow this remedy, then the best alternative to it that you can opt for better results is Macadamia deep nourishing hair mask from Pure sense. It comes with exotic ingredients and is filled with the goodness of Macadamia nut and coconut oil. Regardless, of how damaged your hair feels, this mask will leave it shiny and soft.
- Take a ripe avocado and an egg.
- Take a bowl and mix both the ingredients to make a fine mask.
- Leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
If you do not want to try this hair treatment for damaged hair but experience the same benefit, then you opt to use Rejuvenating grapefruit revitalising hair conditioner from Pure sense. This product would not only gently clean and nourish your scalp but would also soften the hair and prevent frizziness. People with damaged and dry hair are highly recommended to use it as it is completely free from ingredients like sulphate and paraben.
Tips to prevent hair damage
Sometimes just following weekly remedies isn't going to help if you don't take complete care of the hair on regular days. Wondering how to fix damaged hair? Here are some pro tips to prevent damage:
- Carefully brush and detangle your hair.
- Do not brush wet hair.
- Wash less and avoid using chemical products.
- Eat a balanced diet and keep yourself hydrated.
- Protect it from the sun and avoid bleaching and chemical treatments.
- Do not sleep in tight hairstyles.
There are various hair treatments for damaged hair, but sometimes, not every therapy may be effective. For instance, for greasy hair, dry, damaged hair treatment won't work. So in such cases, the best option is to opt for a hair expert, doctor or professional and seek guidance from them for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix damaged hair?If you want to know how to fix damaged hair, then know that the home remedies mentioned above can be really helpful. Other than that, make sure to comb your hair before shampooing and opt for heatless hair styling ways. Do not prefer following restrictive hairstyles and avoid combing wet hair. Also, remember to apply hair serum and always choose natural products over chemical ones.
When talking about hair damage, the most common question is how to fix damaged hair? In that case, the best option is to stick to the best hair remedy and add it to your hair care regime. But also with that, some extra care is needed.
What does damaged hair look like?If you are wondering what does damaged hair look like, then know that it appears brittle and straw-like. The majority of the time, you may even witness split ends and strays that is more prone to breakage.
Also, when touched, it gives a feeling of being stiff and crunchy with little movement.
How to repair damaged hair fast?To repair damaged hair fast, the best option is to cut down on heat styling and try cold showers, change your eating habits, take less stress, and avoid washing your hair every day. Apart from that, you should choose the best hair products for damaged hair like essential oils, serums, etc.