Gulab Jal is made using rose petals and has several medicinal and anti-inflammatory properties. It is often used in skincare for removing makeup or diluting a DIY homemade face mask. The soothing properties of Gulab Jal, not only benefit our face and skin but also our eyes. There are several benefits of gulab jal for the eyes that we will take a look at today. We will also discuss how to make gulab jal and how to use rose water for eyes, and more! So let’s begin, shall we?
5 Benefits Of Gulab Jal For Eyes
Gulab Jal, also known as rose water, has been used for centuries for its numerous health and beauty benefits. Here are some potential benefits of Gulab Jal for the eyes:
- Soothes tired eyes: The cooling and soothing properties of Gulab Jal can help to alleviate eye fatigue caused by prolonged use of digital devices, reading, or driving. Eye drops made with rose water are also widely used to reduce eye irritation and redness caused by allergies.
- Reduces puffiness: Puffy eyes can be caused by a variety of factors such as lack of sleep, allergies, or dehydration. Gulab Jal's anti-inflammatory properties can help to reduce swelling and puffiness around the eyes, making them look fresher and more awake.
- Relieves dryness: Dry eyes are a common problem that can be caused by factors such as ageing, environmental factors like air conditioning, and prolonged use of digital devices. Gulab Jal can help to hydrate and soothe the eyes, reducing dryness and discomfort.
- Fights against infection: Eye infections can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of Gulab Jal can help to prevent and treat eye infections, reducing the risk of further complications.
- Improves complexion: The skin around the eyes is delicate and prone to discolouration and dark circles. Gulab Jal can help to improve the complexion and reduce the appearance of dark circles, giving the eyes a brighter and more youthful appearance.
When using Gulab Jal for the eyes, it's important to ensure that it is pure and free from any added chemicals or fragrances. It's also advisable to use it in moderation and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any pre-existing eye conditions or allergies.
How To Make Gulab Jal?
Gulab Jal, also known as rose water, is a fragrant and soothing liquid that is made by distilling rose petals. Here's a basic recipe for making Gulab Jal at home:
- Fresh rose petals (preferably natural)
- Distilled water
- Rinse the rose petals: Start by rinsing the rose petals under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Place the rose petals in a pot: Place the rose petals in a clean pot and cover them with distilled water.
- Bring to a boil: Bring the water to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture: After simmering for 30 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool slightly. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, cheesecloth, or coffee filter to remove the rose petals.
- Store the Gulab Jal: Pour the Gulab Jal into a clean, airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. It should last for several weeks.
Some variations of Gulab Jal may add a few drops of rose essential oil to the mixture to enhance the fragrance. Others may add a small amount of glycerin to help hydrate and soothe the skin.
Commercially-produced Gulab Jal may also include additional ingredients such as preservatives, so be sure to read the label carefully if you're purchasing it from a store. It's always a good idea to choose a product that is made from natural ingredients if possible.
How To Use Gulab Jal For Eyes?
Gulab Jal, or rose water, is a natural and gentle way to care for your eyes. Here's how to use Gulab Jal for eyes:
- Choose a high-quality, pure Gulab Jal: When selecting Gulab Jal for use on your eyes, it's important to choose a high-quality product that is free from any added chemicals or fragrances. Look for a product that is made from 100% natural rose water.
- Wash your hands thoroughly: Before using Gulab Jal on your eyes, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water to prevent the risk of infection.
- Remove contact lenses: If you wear contact lenses, it's important to remove them before using Gulab Jal to avoid any potential irritation or damage to the lenses.
- Apply Gulab Jal to a cotton pad: Place a few drops of Gulab Jal onto a clean cotton pad or ball. It's important to use a fresh cotton pad for each eye to avoid any risk of infection or cross-contamination.
- Close your eyes and place the cotton pad on your eyelids: Close your eyes and gently press the cotton pad against your eyelids, taking care not to put any pressure on the eyeballs. Hold the cotton pad against your eyelids for a few seconds to allow the Gulab Jal to penetrate and soothe your eyes.
- Repeat on the other eye: After treating one eye, use a fresh cotton pad to repeat the process on the other eye.
- Use Gulab Jal as an eye rinse: To use Gulab Jal as an eye rinse, add a few drops of Gulab Jal to a cup of water. Tilt your head back and use an eye cup or dropper to rinse your eyes with the mixture. Be sure to use clean, fresh water each time you rinse your eyes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes: After using Gulab Jal on your eyes, it's important to avoid rubbing your eyes to prevent any potential irritation or infection.
Remember, while Gulab Jal is generally safe for use on the eyes, it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before using any new product, especially if you have any pre-existing eye conditions or allergies.
Apart from the several benefits of rose water for the eyes, it also has a good fragrance and can be used as a body mist. Take a look at Love British Rose Body Mist by Pure Sense which is made using rose extracts and will keep you smelling good for a long time.
Also read body mist: how to choose and use one.
We hope now you know everything there is to know about using rose water for your eyes. Be careful about using rose water products in your eyes as they might contain chemicals that can hurt your eyes!
FAQs On Benefits Of Gulab Jal For Eyes
Is gulab jal good for the eyes?
Yes, Gulab Jal or rose water can be good for the eyes. It has a cooling and soothing effect on the eyes and may help alleviate eye fatigue, dryness, and irritation. It is also a natural astringent and can help reduce puffiness around the eyes.
Gulab Jal is often used as an ingredient in eye drops, and it may also help reduce inflammation and redness in the eyes. Additionally, Gulab Jal is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the eyes from free radical damage.
How to use rose water for eyes?
Rose water, also known as Gulab Jal, can be used for the eyes in several ways. It has a cooling and soothing effect on the eyes, can reduce puffiness, and is a natural astringent.
To use rose water for the eyes, one can use it as a compress by soaking a cloth in chilled rose water and placing it over closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. It can also be used as an eye wash by mixing 1-2 teaspoons of rose water into a cup of distilled or boiled and cooled water, using an eye cup or dropper to apply the mixture to the eyes. Additionally, rose water can be used as part of a skincare routine by applying it around the eyes using a cotton ball.