Papaya is a versatile fruit. Not only is it healthy and nutrient-dense, but it also has many benefits for the skin. And a variety of skin care products use the extract of this pulpy fruit as a major component. Simply put, papaya is good for the skin and is more than just a delicious tropical fruit that can be enjoyed in summer.
The amount of beta carotene and other plant chemicals in papaya improve the complexion and lustre of the skin. In case you were curious about the benefits of applying papaya to the face, we’ve listed some of them below to ease things out for you.
What are the Benefits of Papaya For the Skin?
When we talk about the papaya benefits for skin, then we need to give you a list of it. Papaya is a source of nutrients that offers many health benefits. But when applied to the skin, papaya can leave you amazed. Here are some of the amazing benefits of papaya:
- Applying papaya to the face provides hydration to the skin, which as a result helps fight against dry, flaky skin.
- Using papaya regularly for your skin will help you obtain smooth, vibrant skin. As you know papaya has several benefits for health when added to the diet. Similarly, when we apply papaya on the face it benefits a lot.
- Papaya can reduce the signs of ageing and lessen wrinkles. It also controls pigmentation and destroys dead skin cells.
- Applying papaya on the face benefits you by removing tan and lightening the skin. It also helps in fighting acne. It also helps with skin issues like acne and dark circles.
What are the Uses of Papaya for Skin?
When talking about papaya benefits for skin, it has a lot to offer for various skin conditions such as:
Reducing Dark Spots and Skin Pigmentation
Papaya is a natural ingredient that has skin-lightening qualities. As a result, it reduces dark spots and the visibility of scars. It also helps in reducing pigmentation and treating scars, itching, redness, burns and skin diseases.
The enzyme papain acts as a skin exfoliant by eliminating the dead skin cells, which helps in lightening the skin's tone. Another benefit of applying papaya on the face is that it can treat dry and flaky skin due to its rich array of antioxidants and enzymes.
Due to papaya's powerful antioxidant property, it can free radical damage and stop the breakdown of collagen and elastin. This helps tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles, leaving you with a healthy glow. No doubt, papaya's benefits for the skin are numerous.
Talking about another benefit of applying papaya on the face is that it helps in removing damaged skin cells. The papain and anti-inflammatory properties of papaya are ideal for acne and blemish-prone skin.
How to Use Papaya For all Skin Types?
Is papaya good for the skin? The answer is simple, Yes! Besides adding papaya directly to your diet, you can also add it to your daily skin regime. Did you know this before?
Find out some ways of using papaya in different ways for various skin types.
Papaya for Dry Skin
Talking about papaya uses for skin, this remedy will show you why going natural is better than chemical products.
- Take a papaya and chop it into small pieces.
- Put them into a bowl and smash them.
- Then add some honey and milk to the mashed papaya and stir until it forms a smooth paste.
- Then apply it all over your face.
- Make sure to let it sit on your face for a few minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Papaya for Irritated Skin
- Take a cucumber and cut it into small pieces.
- Now blend it together with papaya and banana until it forms a smooth paste.
- Don’t forget to wash your face before applying the paste.
Note: While washing your face, try using a gentle cleanser like the Rejuvenating Grapefruit Revitalising Face Cleansing Gel from Pure Sense. It is a chemical-free product and 100% organic.
This Ayurvedic product is infused with organic ingredients and rich in vitamin C. It deeply penetrates the skin and gently cleans away all the dirt. So once you're done cleansing your face, apply the paste and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Papaya for Oily Skin
The Process Explained:
- Take a ripe papaya and chop it.
- Then combine the orange wedge juice with it and blend it until a smooth paste.
- Leave it on your face before rinsing it off with cold water.
Papaya for Acne-Prone Skin
- Take one papaya, cut it into small pieces and then mash it.
- Now add ingredients to it like lemon juice, sandalwood powder, and honey and mix well.
- Once you see it as a fine paste, apply it to your face evenly.
- To make Papaya on face benefits more effective you can also use a moisturiser after washing your face.
A great product to mention here is Macadamia Renewing Night Cream from Pure Sense. It is enriched with pure organic ingredients and contains properties to fight against acne. It promotes collagen and restores radiant youthful skin. The best thing is that it suits all skin types as it is free from chemicals like paraben and sulphate.
Pure Sense Natural Papaya Face Scrub
When talking about papaya uses for the skin there are many products that have a lot to offer. But the worst thing is they all may have some sort of chemicals present in them. Applying the product without checking their formulation can have an adverse effect on the skin in the long term. But, is there any alternate option? Yes!
One of the best papaya face packs you can rely on is Pure Sense Natural Papaya Face Scrub. It comes with no chemicals like paraben, sulphate or minerals, rather made with ripe papaya extracts that offer a gentle scrub. It helps in getting rid of blackheads, tanned skin, dirt, excess oil and clogged pores. It goes well with all skin types. It leaves you with glowing and healthy skin.
No doubt, papaya's benefits for skin are many and depending on different skin types it can have diverse effects. So before applying, make sure it is compatible with your skin type. Besides, if you feel any difficulty while using them, you should stop immediately and seek guidance from an expert dermatologist.
Frequently Asked Questions on Benefits of Papaya for Healthy Skin
1. How to use papaya for skin?
Ans- There are several ways you can use the fruit to maximise papaya benefits on the skin. For example, you can use it by adding honey and milk to make a paste and then applying it to your face as a mask or making a mask out of papaya, cucumber and banana. Be it any home remedy pack you choose, make sure it goes well with your skin type.
2. What are the best papaya products for the skin?
Ans- The best papaya product for skin is Pure Sense Natural Papaya Face Scrub. However, if you choose any other product just make sure it is free from chemicals like paraben and sulphate and does not come with any harmful effects.