Our eyes are one of the most intriguing parts of ourselves. However, with age and stress, when we start developing wrinkles, the first signs appear around our eyes. Moreover, we often ignore eye care that further leads to dull eyes with under-eye wrinkles or black circles. And before we realise it, we start looking like a panda. However, under-eye wrinkles are nothing to be frightened of, as they can be easily treated using some home remedies for wrinkles under eyes.
Wrinkles around eyes are very common and easily manageable with good eye care and practice. Today, we will discuss some of the best under-eye wrinkles’ home remedies along with everything you need to know about under eye wrinkles.
What Are Under Eye Wrinkles?
Before discussing home remedies for wrinkles under eyes, let’s understand what under-eye wrinkles are? As we become older, our skin loses the ability to renew itself, and the area under our eyes is particularly sensitive to ageing as it is thin. As a result, we develop wrinkles under the eyes over time. Under-eye wrinkles are of different types, such as:
- Dynamic Wrinkles
- Static Wrinkles
- Wrinkle Folds
Now let’s take a look at the causes of wrinkles to better understand the best under-eye treatment at home.
What Are The Causes Of Wrinkles?
Under-eye wrinkles can appear due to several reasons, such as:
Ageing is one of the most common reasons for wrinkles around eyes as the skin under your eyes is thinner than the rest of the face. This area shows the signs of ageing before any other part, causing under-eye wrinkles.
When you crinkle your eyes while smoking, it can lead to crow’s feet. Moreover, your skin gets exposed to additional oxidative stress that breaks down collagen and elastin to cause wrinkles around your eyes.
Sun damage can also cause the collagen in your skin to break, causing fine lines and wrinkles. Moreover, it can cause a rough leathery texture around your eyes.
These are some of the common causes of wrinkles. Now let’s take a look at some of the best under-eye wrinkles’ home remedies.
Home Remedies For Under Eye Wrinkles?
Home remedies are the most effective in treating under-eye wrinkles. Here are a few effective under-eye wrinkles home remedies:
Doing a Cold Compress
- Dilated blood vessels can cause wrinkles around our eyes. A cold compress using ice or cold press can help constrict the blood vessels to reduce wrinkles.
- Cucumber is a relaxing agent that can relax your eyes.
- Take a few thick slices of cucumber and refrigerate them in the freezer for 45-50 minutes. Now, place them on your eyes for ten minutes to relax your eyes and reduce wrinkles.
Tea Bags Remedy
- Soak tea bags in warm water and then chill them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Then, apply the cold tea bags around your eyes for five minutes.
Vitamin E and Almond Oil
- Mix equal amounts of almond oil with vitamin E and apply the mixture under your eyes before going to bed.
- Wash the mixture in the morning with cold water to relax your skin and reduce wrinkles.
- The antioxidants in tomatoes are useful in treating sun damage. Take one spoon of tomato juice and lemon juice each.
- Apply the mixture under your eyes, wash it after 10 minutes. Please be careful and prevent the mixture from getting into your eyes, and in case it comes in contact with your eyes, rinse them thoroughly.
Almond Oil and Lemon Juice
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice with one teaspoon of almond oil and apply the mixture under your eyes and massage for a few minutes and rinse it with water.
- Aloe vera is one of the best ingredients used in under-eye wrinkles home remedies because of its healing properties.
- Apply the aloe vera gel to your wrinkles and massage it for five minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
- Mash ¼ of a banana and whisk it till it forms a smooth paste. Apply it under your eyes for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it with warm water to boost the health of the skin under your eyes.
- The proteins in egg white can help reduce wrinkles under your eyes. Apply the mix of egg whites under your eyes and leave it till it dries, and rinse with cold water.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can reverse oxidative stress and sun damage under your eyes.
You can also use Pure Sense Anti-ageing Sleeping Mask enriched with vitamin C, rosehip oil, retinol, niacinamide and hyaluronic acid, which will reduce under-eye wrinkles and protect your face from premature signs of ageing.
These are some of the most effective under-eye wrinkles home remedies that you can follow to have smooth and radiant skin.
Under-eye wrinkles can appear for several reasons, but they are easily treatable and preventable. Follow the above-mentioned under-eye wrinkles home remedies and get that perfect look.
FAQs On Under Eye Wrinkle Remedies
What are home remedies for wrinkles under eyes?Some of the effective home remedies for wrinkles under eyes involve drinking plenty of water, eating nutrition-rich food, protecting your eyes from sun damage, using eye creams and sleeping masks, etc.
What are the causes of under eye wrinkles?Under-eye wrinkles can happen due to several reasons such as improper eye care, ageing, sun damage, smoking, underlying skin conditions, etc.
What are the ingredients used to treat wrinkles?
Some of the ingredients you can use to treat under eye wrinkles are cucumber, tea bags, avocado, aloe vera gel, almond oil, egg whites, tomato juice, bananas, etc.