Throughout life, we have heard about the benefits of fruits for our bodies. Be it our parents or science, the fact that eating fruits is healthy and vital has been drilled into our heads. However, a lesser-known fact is that there are several fruit benefits for the skin as well. But do you know which fruits to eat for glowing skin?
Today we will be talking about what fruits are good for the skin and how to incorporate them into your diet. So let's dive right in, shall we?
Why are fruits important for the skin?
Before talking about fruits that are good for the skin, let's first understand why you should eat fruits and how they are essential for the skin.
Maintaining healthy skin is not easy, and no matter how many products you try, the skin will be dull as compared to the effects of fruits that are good for the skin. When you add eating fruits as a daily part of your diet, your body goes through good changes as it receives plenty of nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants in raw form. These minerals are easy to process for the body and can help in minimising inflammation and avoiding infections, among other benefits.
From a skin point of view, healthy fruits for skin help in boosting the collagen production level, which makes your skin more radiant, firm and healthy. This is one of the reasons that nutritionists and skin specialists always advise you to eat plenty of fruits every day. The benefits of healthy fruits for the skin include:
When you start eating fruits that are good for the skin, you immediately begin consuming antioxidants, electrolytes, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals, water and dietary fibre that help in providing your body with necessary nutritional intake.
Apart from immediate benefits, there are several long-term benefits of eating fruits that are good for the skin. For instance, eating fruits daily can minimise the risk of chronic ailments such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart diseases. Eating fruits can also help in weight management.
Different fruits have different nutritional values. For instance, the best fruits for the skin are citrus fruits, which are rich in vitamin C, and watermelon, which is also one of the healthy fruits for the skin and is rich in lycopene.
Youthful Healthy Skin
The best fruits for skin glow are rich in antioxidants that act as the scavengers in your body by cleaning out free radicals that damage your skin and body. These free radicals cause premature skin ageing that is treated using antioxidants.
The best fruits for the skin are skin-friendly and rich in antioxidants that also help in reducing inflammation and improve your immunity against diseases. Several studies show that people who eat fruits have better immunity than people who don't eat fruits.
What are the best fruits that are good for the skin?
Now that we know the importance of eating skin glowing fruits let's now discuss different fruits that you should consume for glowing skin and how to consume them.
Oranges can provide you with the daily vitamin C intake necessary for your body. The natural oils present in oranges help to keep your skin hydrated and make it look plump. Moreover, as vitamin C aids in collagen production, oranges will help you keep your skin firm by reducing the signs of ageing.
- You can consume half an orange every day or drink freshly squeezed orange juice.
- For pigmentation, you can apply freshly squeezed orange juice to the pigmented spots.
Lemons are a superfruit rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. The fruit is used in several skincare and body care products, but it can also be used directly for a straightforward approach.
- To consume directly, add lemon juice with a teaspoon of honey in warm water and drink it. You can also add lemon juice to your salad and curries.
- To treat tanned skin, mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with a teaspoon of sugar and rub directly on the affected areas. Leave the juice for 10 mins and rinse with cold water. (Disclaimer - Lemon juice can be harsh on your skin so you should do a patch test to be safe.)
- To treat acne scars, add lemon juice to rose water and dab it gently on your skin. Rinse off with cold water after 10 mins.
Well, you might argue that cucumbers are not fruits, but according to the technical definition, they are, and since they are so hydrating that they get a pass. Cucumbers are filled with water and have cooling effects on your body. Moreover, as they are rich in antioxidants, they help in evening skin tone, moisturising dry skin and reducing acne.
- You can eat cucumber as a salad or raw snack. You can also add them to your sandwiches or drink cucumber juice every morning.
- To treat acne, add one tablespoon of gram flour to freshly grated cucumber with a teaspoon of rose water. Mix the mixture and apply to the affected areas. Rinse with cold water after 14 minutes.
Pineapples are rich in various vitamins, including C, A and K, that help in providing you with clear and healthy skin. Moreover, pineapples are rich in bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties and can heal wounds.
- You can eat freshly chopped pineapple as a part of your breakfast or add it to your meals. You can also consume fresh pineapple juice.
- To tackle premature ageing, you should add a teaspoon of milk with a teaspoon of pineapple juice and apply it directly to your skin. Rinse off the mixture with cold water after ten minutes.
Mangoes are not just a blessing for your taste buds but also for your skin. It is one of the most yummies skin glowing fruits and is rich in vitamin A, C and E. Mango has wound-healing capacities and is beneficial in treating fine lines and acne marks.
- You can eat mango directly and enjoy the richness in flavour or make a mango smoothie to start your day.
- You can also mix mango with rose water and apply it to your skin to get rid of excess oil on your skin.
Grapefruit is one of the best fruits for glowing skin and is used in several skincare products by natural beauty products manufacturers such as Pure Sense. Grapefruit is rich in vitamin C and helps in rejuvenating skin and treating acne scars.
- You can consume grapefruit directly or add it to your salad.
- You can also try skincare products like Rejuvenating Grapefruit Revitalising Face Cleansing Gel, which is enriched with grapefruit extracts and helps in deep and gentle cleansing of your skin. The cleansing gel helps to restore the natural glow of your skin and make your skin look brighter and radiant.
Macadamia nut is another popular natural ingredient used in beauty care products because of its several advantages for the skin. Macadamia can moisturise your skin from within and replenish the natural glow. Moreover, as macadamia nuts are packed with vitamin E and Omega-7, it helps to reduce dryness and fight premature ageing.
- You can use macadamia nuts in your cooking or as a part of the DIY face masks.
- Pure Sense offers a Macadamia Renewing Night Cream that helps in gently soothing and renewing the natural glow of your skin overnight. This cream is suitable for all skin types and will help you wake up with fresh and radiant skin.
Apricots are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that help in fighting free radical activity in your body to reduce the signs of premature ageing. Moreover, apricots also have anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing acne breakouts.
- You can consume apricots by adding chopped pieces of the fruit to your breakfast and smoothies or by drying them under the sun with some spices.
- You can place thin slices of apricots on your face to treat skin pigmentation.
Strawberries are not just a delicious fruit but are also rich in nutrients and possess medicinal properties that can improve the health of your skin. Strawberries are also great exfoliators because of their texture and contain salicylic acid, which is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial.
- You can eat raw strawberries or add them to your smoothies or desserts.
- To treat pigmentation, mash a few strawberries and mix them with a tablespoon of lime juice. Apply directly to the affected area and rinse with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
Avocados have excellent anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce oxidative stress. Avocados can also prevent skin damage as they contain dietary fibre and vitamin C, K, A, B3 and B6. Moreover, avocados have lutein and zeaxanthin that protects skin from UV damage.
- You can eat avocados directly or add them to your toast, salads and smoothies. Avocados are also used in various recipes, such as sushi.
- To achieve soft skin, mash an avocado, and mix it with two tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon of honey. Apply the paste to your skin for 30 minutes before rinsing.
These are some of the superfruits that are not just good for your skin but also help in improving your body functions and immunity.
Who knew eating fruits that are good for your skin can be such an important part of your routine and be one of the secrets to having healthy and glowing skin. Adding these fruits to your daily diet will help not only your skin but also your entire body.
FAQ on best fruits for skin Glow
Which fruits are best for the skin?There are several fruits that are good for your skin. You can try Avocados, Oranges, Kiwis, Berries, and Bananas for different purposes and target specific problems such as acne, uneven skin tones, blemishes, etc. All of these fruits will help you in achieving naturally glowing skin.
How to add fruits to our daily routine?There are several ways to add fruits to your daily routines, such as consuming them directly or using them as DIY face masks or packs. You can also purchase products with natural extracts to have a more direct approach and target specific problems. For instance, you can use grapefruit products by Pure Sense to target skin blemishes and have naturally glowing skin.
What are the best skin glowing fruits?Eating fruits such as Avocados, Lemons and Oranges can help you achieve glowing skin without relying on any chemical-based skincare products or lengthy spa treatments. These fruits are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C that will help clear your skin and nourish it from within for a long-lasting natural glow.