Winter is one of the most beautiful months of the year, but it also brings dry, itchy and flaky skin along with the cold weather. And that's exactly why you should know and indulge in certain skincare tips so that you can provide yourself with some face care in winter. No matter what your skin type is, it will respond to the change in season. The cold air, dry indoor heat, low humidity levels and harsh winter wind, can majorly impact your skin. Hence, we urge you to indulge yourself in winter skin care by following some basic tips.
Why Does Skin Need Care in Winters?Caring for your skin during the cold months of the year becomes important as the cold and dry weather constantly strips off the moisture from your skin and damages your skin's protective layer. Skincare products are designed to take good care of your skin, especially for this season so that you can pamper your skin by locking in all the moisture and keep it soft, supple and smooth at all times despite the harsh weather.
Winter Skincare for All Skin Types:For the uninitiated, there are four main skin types - normal, dry, oily and combination. A lot of people also experience sensitive skin but that can be combined with all the main skin types. For example, normal-sensitive, dry-sensitive, oily-sensitive and combination-sensitive. No matter what your skin type is, we have something in store for everyone. So get a pen and paper and start noting down these essential winter skin care tips.
Winter Skincare Tips For Dry Skin:
1. Moisturise on Damp Skin:Every time you wash your face, hands or body, you strip your skin of its natural oils. These oils help lock in moisture, hence it's vital to replace them in the form of a moisturiser. If you want to indulge in dry skin care in winter, it's crucial to remember - always moisturise your skin when it is damp right after you use a cleanser.
2. Use a Sunscreen Every Day:
One of the most important winter skin care tips is to use sunscreen with SPF 30 or above, regardless of seeing the sun or not. Harmful UV light can still stress your skin's moisture barrier, which is essential for maintaining skin health and hydration. Hence, a layer of sunscreen each morning after using a moisturiser will protect your skin from any kind of sun damage.
3. Use an Overnight Treatment:When you're following dry skin care in winter, make sure to use a reviving serum that will help keep your dry skin hydrated all night long. Our recommendation would be the Pure Sense Macadamia Reviving Face Serum. It is blended with exotic oils that boost collagen and restore youthful radiance. It has a relaxing fragrance that soothes your senses. This face serum has the ability to improve skin elasticity and smoothes your skin as well.
4. Go Easy on Exfoliants and Scrubs:Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, but over-exfoliating your skin can often lead to damage. If you struggle with dry skin on the face in winter, it's crucial to limit using exfoliants and scrubs to once a week.
5. Hydrate From the Inside:One of the best winter skin care tips that you can follow for dry skin is to hydrate yourself regularly no matter what the weather is outside. Consuming enough fluids will affect your skin's appearance and keep it soft and supple. Also, focus on eating foods that are high in antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids as these nutrients help protect your cells from environmental damage.
Winter Skincare Tips for Oily and Combination Skin:
1. Use a lightweight Cleanser:If you have oily skin all over your face or just an oily T-zone, it's important to use a cleanser that is gel-based or lightweight so that it doesn't feel too heavy on your skin. You can try the Pure Sense Rejuvenating Grapefruit Revitalising Face Cleansing Gel. It is entirely made with organic ingredients that deeply and gently cleanse your skin. It has grapefruit extracts that are rich in vitamin C that helps transform the dull complexion. This face cleansing gel is sure to boost collagen production and leave your skin beautifully radiant.
2. Apply a Toner:An essential tip for winter skincare for oily skin, as well as combination skin, is using a toner to soothe the inflamed skin and tighten the open pores to help reduce excess oil. If you have an oily T-zone or oily skin type, it's important to find a toner that will keep your pores clean to avoid any breakouts or future acne.
3. Don't Forget Sunscreen:Even if you have oily or combination skin, it's necessary to use a lightweight sunscreen every single day in winter. You might not see the sun too regularly, but the UV rays still have the capability to damage your skin. Use a sunblock with SPF 30 in order to protect your skin from any kind of sun damage. This one is going to be the finest tip for winter care for oily skin if you wish to do away with tanned skin.¬†
4. Use a Mask or a Scrub Every Once a Week:When you have oily or combination skin type, you need to clear your clogged pores and get rid of dead skin cells regularly. For this tip, you can use the Pure Sense Grapefruit Revitalising 3-in-1 Face Mask, Scrub & Cleanser. It is an all-in-one natural product that works amazingly on your skin type, instantly brightens up your skin and revives it. It is designed to gently exfoliate, clean pores, prevent breakouts, hydrate your skin and make it supple, all at once. This is one of the greatest tips for winter care for combination skin and oily skin if you wish to keep your skin happy and healthy.
Winter Skincare Tips for Sensitive Skin:
1. Opt for Lukewarm Water:It feels tempting to bathe with hot water in the colder months of the year. But when you have sensitive skin, this is exactly what you should avoid. The first tip for winter season skin care is to wash your face or take a bath with lukewarm water. It will prevent redness and irritation and won't strip your skin of its natural oils.
2. Critically Choose the Cosmetics Ingredients:There are several ingredients that can cause sensitive skin to flare up, especially during winters. Hence, it is important to be picky while choosing winter skin care products like cleansers, lotions, etc. Since sensitive skin works extra hard during the cold months of the year, make sure you use safe and natural skin care products. Also, do a¬† patch test before using any product.
3. Don't Skip on Lip Care:Now that you know all the winter skin care tips for all skin types, you must learn a little about body care as well. The skin on your face isn't the only thing that you should be taking care of. The skin on your body also needs equal attention during winter, and we're going to share some winter skin care tips to follow for body care as well.
Body Care in Winter:
1. Moisturise Your Hands, Feet and Neck:There are various body moisturisers or body lotions that help you take care of the skin on your neck, hands, and feet. Invest in one that suits your skin and at the same time doesn't feel too greasy. Use this winter skin care tip regularly and you will never have to worry about dry or itchy skin on your body.¬†
2. Incorporate a Body Oil:If you're wondering how to keep your skin hydrated all night long, we'd suggest you start applying body oils daily, at least in the colder months of the year. Something like the Pure Sense Relaxing Macadamia Deep Moisturising Body Oil should work the best. It is a luxurious body oil that is rich in minerals that intensely nourishes your skin as well as relaxes your senses. This body oil is loaded with vitamins and pampers your skin by keeping it moisturised overnight. This product is formulated with exotic and pure ingredients intricately sourced from nature that relax your skin, body and mind.
3. Use a Body Scrub:Every once in a while, get rid of the dead skin cells off the skin on your body. Winter can make your skin flaky, so you need to scrub it all off to make space for fresh, supple skin, but you should make sure it's not a harsh product and won't dry out your skin further. In that case, the Pure Sense Macadamia Moisturising Almond & Walnut Body Scrub is your best bet. It is a relaxing scrub with a unique non-drying formula that buffs away dead skin cells and impurities while leaving your skin soft, smooth and supple. It instantly smoothens and moisturises your skin, protects it from environmental damage and reduces the appearance of fine lines. This body scrub is made with organic ingredients that are sure to give you the skin of your dreams!Does drinking water help dry skin?|How do you hydrate your skin overnight?|How can I get glowing skin in winter?Most people tend to think that drinking a lot of water will cure dry skin but that's not the truth. A normally-hydrated person won't see a difference in their skin after drinking an increased volume of water. However, it is surely recommended to consume at least eight to ten glasses of water each day to keep yourself hydrated from the inside.|If you need some added moisture in the night, you can:
- - Use a thin layer of coconut oil
- - Apply a lip balm
- - Try a face oil
- - Consider a hydrating face mask
- - Use petroleum jelly
- - Apply foot cream
- - Wash your face with lukewarm water
- - Moisturise your skin every single time you wash your face
- - Use a moisturiser without fail
- - Replenish your skin at night to wake up to glowing skin each morning