Vitamin E Oil Benefits for Skin
1. Helps in Moisturising and Nourishing the SkinVitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, which means that when it's used in its oil form, it is slightly heavier than other water-soluble products. Because of this, the oil has the ability to restore your skin's moisture and nourish it from within. Just add a few drops of vitamin E oil to your moisturising cream and apply it to your skin every night. You can even use it to prevent dry scalp. This oil will also help increase blood supply to your skin that further benefits skin nourishment. So, is vitamin E oil good for your face? Absolutely yes!
2. Helps with Wrinkles, Fine Lines and Dark CirclesVitamin E oil under eyes increases blood supply to your skin, which helps slow down the ageing process. The antioxidants in this oil work well to reduce fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes. In fact, this oil is one of the few oils that make an effort to diminish dark circles under our eyes by providing extra nourishment and moisture to the area. So, if you're someone who wishes to deal with or take better care of the under-eye area, vitamin E oil under eyes is the best solution. If you don't feel like using vitamin E oil on its own, you can mix it with your regular creams.
3. Helps with Acne Scars and Reduces Dark SpotsPeople with acne-prone skin also have to deal with dark spots and acne scars regularly. Vitamin E oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent acne formation. It penetrates your skin well and removes dirt and grime off clogged pores and leaves your skin nourished. If you are facing darkness of the skin, then increased melanin production might be one of the causes for the same. Vitamin E oil benefits the treatment of this darkness and effectively reduces skin irritation and dryness. You can mix vitamin E oil with vitamin C to get some phenomenal results.
4. Helps with Stretch Marks and Chapped LipsThanks to vitamin E oil's super moisturising benefits on the skin, it works magically on stretch marks as well as chapped lips. You can simply apply vitamin E oil on your stretch marks to reduce its appearance and nourish your skin. Vitamin E encourages cell regeneration, so you can use vitamin E oil on your dry lips and let it bring new cells to the surface of your lips.
5. Helps with Dry Skin Conditions and Works as a CleanserYou can also use vitamin E oil as a cleanser as it helps get rid of impurities from your clogged skin pores. Use a few drops of this oil to wipe your face and see how it miraculously cleans your skin of all the dirt and grime. As vitamin E oil is packed with antioxidants and contains anti-inflammatory properties, the oil also helps fight dry skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. It provides nourishment to your skin and promises smooth and soft skin. Are you still thinking is vitamin E oil good for your face? Well, you got your answer now.
How to Apply Vitamin E Oil on Skin?It is extremely important to perform a patch test before using any product,¬† whatsoever, on your skin. To do a patch test apply vitamin E oil on the back of your knee or ear, keep it for 24-48 hours and see if it's causing any allergic reactions. Once it's safe to use, follow these quick and easy steps to use vitamin E oil on face and skin:
- First and foremost, make sure that your face is nicely washed with lukewarm water and pat-dried gently
- Then take a pea-sized amount of vitamin E oil and massage it gently on your face using your fingertips. It's better to begin with a low concentration of vitamin E oil. You can eventually increase the amount of this oil with consistent use but make sure you don't exceed the amount recommended on the package
- If your skin type is sensitive, don't let vitamin E oil sit on your face or skin for more than 15 minutes. Make sure to wash it off post that time
- If you have dry skin, you can keep the oil overnight and then wash it off with warm water in the morning
If you wish to be safe with vitamin E oil and don't wish to use it in its raw form, it's always better to blend it with your moisturiser or any cream that you use on daily. This will only help to buffer potential irritation if any. It's always better to be safe than sorry, so consult a dermatologist before incorporating this oil into your routine. Also, don't buy vitamin E oil for your face and skin just because it comes at a cheaper rate. Do your research and then buy the vitamin E oil that you feel can work best on your face and skin.
Talking about vitamin E in general, you should look at some grapefruit-infused skincare products. The Pure Sense Macadamia 3 in 1 Renewing Face Mask, Scrub & Cleanser is quite a promising skincare product to invest in. It is loaded with vitamins C and E that brightens your skin and revives it. This unique 3-in-1 formula keeps your skin hydrated and makes it supple at the same time. As this product is infused with the goodness of kaolin too, it helps gently exfoliate, clean pores and prevent breakouts as well. This pure formulation is completely free of sulphates, parabens and carcinogens which makes it an organic and earth-friendly product.
You can use vitamin E oil for your face and skin five times a week if you stay consistent with the quantity. It also greatly depends on the quality of your skin, so make sure you prepare your skin with its use. If you have an oily skin type, using vitamin E oil just once a week will be enough. But if your skin type is dry or combination, applying it thrice a week should work. If you wish to see the best results, use vitamin E oil over store-bought creams as it gets absorbed better by your skin, leaving your skin soft and supple.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does vitamin E lighten skin?Vitamin E cleanses your skin by removing the impurities from within and works on skin elasticity as well. When your face gets rid of the dirt and grime, your skin starts to look bright and fresh. Vitamin E also helps lighten your skin when combined with lemon juice as it is rich in vitamin C. Both these vitamins when mixed together have an outstanding result on skin lightening.
Which oil penetrates the skin best?There are a variety of oils that can benefit your face and skin. Out of all, coconut oil is quite easily absorbed into the skin. It has many health benefits including those of vitamins E and K. Soybean and olive oils work effectively by penetrating deep into your skin and working their magic to enhance and nourish your skin. Even sunflower seed oil absorbs effortlessly into the skin. As it contains high levels of vitamin E, you can undoubtedly use it as a natural moisturiser.