Care For Your Combination Skin With The Help Of Home Remedies
If your face feels oily and dry at the same time, you’re probably dealing with the combination skin type. Very precisely, combination skin is when you have an oily T-zone i.e. forehead, nose and chin while other areas like your cheeks and jawline are dry. If you have this skin type, your aim should be to balance the oil flow and address skin concerns. This brings us to talk about home remedies as natural ingredients when used powerfully and correctly can treat and heal your skin from within without causing any harm. And we’re here to give you some really simple yet effective home remedies for combination skin that you can easily use from the comfort of your home. All you need is a few minutes to indulge in self-care.
Best Home Remedies for Combination Skin
If you’ve been wondering how to take care of combination skin at home, these home remedies are sure to help you achieve balanced skin and keep it fresh and healthy at all times. Use these face packs once a week and be consistent with them to see some amazing results:
1. Honey and Lemon:
Honey acts as a natural moisturiser while lemon juice is a lightening agent. Both of these make for perfect natural ingredients to even out the oily and dry patches on your combination skin.
– In a bowl, add a teaspoon of honey with a few drops of lemon juice and mix it well.
– Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
– Wash it off and pat your face dry.
2. Milk, Lemon Juice, Honey and Almond Oil:
Milk contains lactic acid that acts as a skin lightening agent while honey moisturises your skin. When you add lemon juice, it works on keeping the T-zone oil-free, whereas almond oil hydrates the dry patches on the cheeks and jawline. This DIY face pack is easily going to be one of the best natural remedies for combination skin.
– Mix one tablespoon of milk with an equal amount of honey.
– Apply this mixture onto your cheeks and jawline.
– Now, apply lemon juice on just the T-zone and some almond oil on the cheeks and jawline.
– Let all of these ingredients sit on your face for 20 minutes before you wash it off with water.
3. Curd and Dried Orange Peel:
Orange peel is loaded with vitamin C that brightens your skin tone and manages excess oil on your skin. Curd, on the other hand, helps tighten your skin and locks in all the moisture.
– Dry out some orange peel and grind it into a fine powder.
– Add two tablespoons of curd to create a thick paste.
– Now, apply this face pack all over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
– Make sure to wash it off with lukewarm water after you’re done.
4. Cucumber Juice and Honey:
Honey acts as a moisturising agent while dealing with skin elasticity. Cucumber juice helps take good care of the tanned areas of the skin and keeps it hydrated.
– Grate one cucumber and squeeze out all of its juice.
– Add a tablespoon of honey to it and mix it well.
– Apply a thin layer on your face and leave it to air dry.
– Once you’ve given it 20-30 minutes, wash it off and pat your face dry.
5. Egg White and Banana Mash:
Egg whites have the tendency to tighten the skin and banana adds the much-needed moisture to it. This face pack keeps your skin hydrated and tight at the same time. This is one of the most fruitful home remedies for combination skin as it’s got both, a skin tightening agent and a moisturising one.
– Take a bowl, add an egg white and a mashed banana.
– Whisk the two together to make a smooth paste.
– Apply a light layer of this face pack on the oily T-zone and a generous amount of it on the dry areas of your face.
– Wash it off after ten minutes and pat your skin dry.
While you use all of these home remedies for combination skin, it’s important to have a few skincare products made with natural ingredients to make sure your skin stays clean and moisturised around the clock. We at Pure Sense have a lot of nourishing products that are formulated using natural ingredients:
1. Rejuvenating Grapefruit Revitalising Face Cleansing Gel
Enriched with the goodness of vitamin C-rich grapefruit, this cleansing gel serves as one of the best natural cleansers for combination skin. It deeply cleanses every spot on your face while being gentle on the skin. As it contains grapefruit extracts, it boosts collagen production and leaves your skin looking radiant.
2. Macadamia Reviving Face Serum:
When it comes to locking in hydration into your face, this face serum works the best. Formulated with ethically-sourced macadamia nut oil, this face serum restores moisture, improves skin elasticity, softens your skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles and brings back radiance into your skin. Quite a powerful face serum, isn’t it? Apply a thin layer of it on the T-zone and a normal layer on the cheeks and the jawline.
Both of these products are free of parabens, sulphates and carcinogens. Not just that, these products are also made with 100% pure ingredients, and are cruelty-free and earth-friendly. So, if you’ve been on the lookout for skincare products that can take good care of your combination skin along with being chemical-free, you can easily rely on the wide range that Pure Sense has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make my combination skin glow?
Make sure you cleanse your face every single day with a gentle cleanser. Exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead skin cells once every week. Hydrate your skin and protect it from damage by applying a lightweight moisturiser on the oily T-zone and a heavier cream on the dry areas. You can combine these steps with one of the above-mentioned home remedies for combination skin, especially lemon-based DIY face packs and be consistent with its use. Lemon is a skin brightening agent and helps achieve glowing skin when mixed with a hydrating agent like milk or honey.
What are the steps to take care of combination skin?
Here are some easy steps to follow to take good care of combination skin:
Step 1: Cleanse
Step 2: Exfoliate
Step 3: Apply a face serum
Step 4: Use a moisturiser
Step 5: Don’t miss out on sunscreen
What ingredients should I avoid for combination skin?
Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are two of the ingredients used for dealing with acne. Overall, these are great ingredients to prevent breakouts and used as a spot treatment. But, people with combination skin should avoid these two ingredients as when combined with chemicals like glycolic acid and other AHA/BHAs, they can irritate your skin or even cause a burning sensation.
Dealing with a combination skin type is not an issue, ignoring or not dealing with it is!. Every skin type needs some sort of remedy and once you figure that out, even a complicated skin type like combination skin can be successfully taken care of. We’ve eased out your job by providing you with some of the best home remedies for combination skin. Now, all you have to do is take out a little time and put some effort into skincare to achieve fresh and healthy skin.
Macadamia Soothing Body Mist | 100 ml
inclusive of all taxes
Macadamia Nourishing Lip Balm | 5 gm
inclusive of all taxes
Grapefruit Refreshing Body Mist | 100 ml
inclusive of all taxes
Rejuvenating Grapefruit Revitalising Face Cleansing Gel (Face Wash) – 100ml
inclusive of all taxes